Discovering Your Family History with MyHeritage.com
TITLE: Discovering your family history with MyHeritage’s unique technologies and DNA
SESSION NUMBER: F310
TIME & DATE: Friday, 4 May 2018, at 8:00 a.m.
In the last decade, technology has revitalized genealogy, which in turn has opened many frontiers for research, preservation, and sharing of family history, without diminishing the thrill of the detective hunt. The important intersection of technology and genealogy is the core of this talk. We will learn how these MyHeritage powerful technologies will benefit your research from resources including billions of records, repositories, and databases.
* Smart Matching – matches people in your tree to those in other MyHeritage trees.
* Record Matching – matches historical records to the people in your tree.
* Newspaper Matching – matches newspaper articles to the people in your tree.
* Record Detective – one Record Match can be used to find other records.
* Instant Discoveries – can add a whole branch of your family and personal photos of your relatives in two clicks, based on information from other MyHeritage trees.
* SearchConnect – can tell you who else searched for the same or similar terms as you did.
* DNA Matching – uses DNA analysis to find people who may be related.
MyHeritage technologies help researchers find records of their ancestral families more easily – while they sleep, without even requesting a search. We will share anecdotes from behind-the-scenes on how these technologies were invented and improved, describe the challenges they solve, and explain how you can make the most of them for your family history research.
“These technologies are genea-magic as far as I’m concerned” – Randy Seaver
ABOUT: Daniel Horowitz is the Genealogy Expert at MyHeritage, providing key contributions in the areas of product development, customer support, and public affairs. Dedicated to genealogy since 1986, Daniel holds board level positions at the Israel Genealogy Research Association (IGRA) and the International Association of Jewish Genealogical Societies (IAJGS).