Family Tree Builder—MyHeritage Free Software to Build, Research, and Showcase Your Genealogy – Daniel Horowitz
Family Tree Builder—MyHeritage Free Software to Safely Build, Research, and Showcase your Genealogy
SESSION: F348, TIME & DATE: Friday, May 10, 2019, 2:30 p.m.
Used by millions of people worldwide, Family Tree Builder helps you research your family tree by adding photos, historical records, and more.
The latest version of the free software Family Tree Builder is faster and responsive. Trees of hundreds of thousands of individuals now load quickly. The software can accept projects produced by earlier versions and also import GEDCOM and native genealogy files used by other programs. Family Tree Builder 8.0 delivers improved data integrity. Changes are now saved immediately and seamlessly upon making them – no need to click on the “Save” button anymore! The chances of data loss while working on your family tree are now greatly reduced.
The latest Family Tree Builder uses a local database and loads to memory only what’s currently necessary and not the entire database. This takes up less memory, making Family Tree Builder faster and more efficient. This increases the program’s scalability and as a result it can handle projects whose total size is much larger than in past versions.
Among some of the features Family Tree Builder offers:
- Smart Matches™ Technology: Matches your tree to millions of others & discovers new relatives, automatically!
- Record Matching Technology: Automatically discovers historical records of your ancestors.
- Maps: Discover where your ancestors came from, enhance your family tree.
- Detailed Privacy Settings: Control every aspect of your privacy online and offline.
- Beautiful Charts: Create, customize and print beautiful charts and reports, even all-in-one charts.
- Sync with Mobile Capability: Update your family tree on the go with our free mobile apps.
BIO: Daniel Horowitz is the Genealogy Expert at MyHeritage, liaising with genealogy societies and media, lecturing, and attending conferences around the world. Dedicated to genealogy since 1986, he taught and edited the family history project “Searching for My Roots” in Venezuela for 15 years. Daniel is involved in several crowdsource digitization and transcription projects and holds a board level position at the Israel Genealogy Research Association (IGRA).